Video Review by 9to5mac.com
We all love taking photos
But NOT running out of space
And finding photos to erase
Why pay a monthly fee just to keep your photos in the Cloud?
The easy photo backup & media access solution for your iPhone, iPad and Android smartphone/tablet
HyperCube connects between the USB charger and your phone
And it automatically backups all the photos & videos from your smartphone onto a micro SD memory card or USB flash/hard drive
All while charging your phone at the same time. You can disconnect anytime and backup resumes when you reconnect
HyperCube works with any iPhone and Android smartphone
HyperCube gives you instant access to photos, movies, music and work files from any USB drive or micro SD on your Android/iDevice
HyperCube works as a USB flash drive on the computer
And HyperCube only cost $29, which is less than 3 months of Cloud Storage subscription
Design Story & Evolution
We started with the most basic and minimalistic design with space just sufficient enough to accommodate a male USB connector (to connect to power/computer), a micro SD slot (the smallest removable memory card for storage) and two female USB ports (one for the iOS/Android device and one for USB storage drive).
The basic design is expanded to accommodate the actual final PCB printed circuit board and IC integrated circuit chip. All these while ensuring that one of the surface is a perfect square, a call out to our logo which is made up of 7 perfect squares.
The final aesthetic design was to round the corners and add design line elements to the side with female USB ports to give the final look of the HyperCube product.
Proof of working prototype
The following single shot, unedited video shows a fully functional prototype of the HyperCube. In this video, HyperCube is able to charge the smartphone and automatically start photo/video backup, With HyperCube, the user can browse contents on the attached micro SD memory card as well as the attached USB storage drive, viewing photos/documents, streaming video and audio (including the ability to playback in the background).
- Product Dimensions: 47.3 x 35.5 x 24mm / 1.86″ x 1.4″ x 0.94″
- Product Weight: 20g / 0.71oz / 0.04 lb
- USB Transfer Speed: Max USB 3.0
- USB Power: Max 12W
- Supported Memory Card: Micro SD up to 2TB capacity
- Supported USB Storage: USB flash/SSD/hard drive, no capacity limit
- Supported Storage Format: FAT32, exFAT, NTFS
- Compatible Devices: iPhone, iPad and Android
iOS/Android App Features
- Auto photo/video/contact backup
- Restore photos/videos/contacts from backup
- Copy/cut/paste/move/delete/rename files on Micro SD and USB storage
- Video file playback/streaming
- Audio file playback/streaming
- Photo slideshow/thumbnail view
- Document view